The following information provides general insights into internship procedures for students in the Department of Management Engineering. ITU General Internship Principles and the attached files below must be thoroughly reviewed prior to submitting an internship application.
General Information About Internship Conditions:
During the Internship:
⁃The Internship Initiation Form (Annex-2) should be filled out, approved by the company, and uploaded to the internship module through the portal by the student .
After the Internship:
⁃At the end of the internship, students are required to prepare an internship report. The internship report should include the following sections:
- Table of Contents
- Information About the Company
- Daily Reports
- Conclusion and Appendices (Student Internship Agreement, Internship Application Form (Annex-1), Internship Work Schedule, Annex-1 Approval, Internship Initiation Form (Annex-2), and Internship Completion Form (Annex-3)).
All of these documents should be submitted as a single PDF file through Ninova and the Portal:
i) For internships conducted during the summer term, within one month from the start date of the academic year,
ii) For internships conducted during the semester, within 15 days following the end of the internship.
After the submission of the internship report, it will be reviewed by the Department Internship Commission. If there are any deficiencies in the report, it will be rejected, and students will be given 15 days to complete the inappropriate parts. Please follow the announcements for updates regarding feedback on the reports.
- ⁃The Internship Completion Certificate (Annex-3) should be signed by the company and uploaded to the internship module through the portal by the student within 5 days after the completion of the internship.
- ⁃When writing the report section, it is essential to write a separate report for each day of the internship. Even if the same task is performed on different days, the reports should not be merged, and each day's activities should be described separately. The internship report should be written in English for students whose programs the instruction language is 100% English, and in Turkish for programs with 30% English. Students studying in 100% English programs can prepare their reports in Turkish as long as they also write a minimum of 5 pages of summary in English. The pages of the report should be legible.
For Students Enrolled in Double Major Programs (DMP):
⁃According to Article 38 of the ITU Internship General Principles; the internship conducted by students in one major is accepted for the second major if the documents related to the internship are submitted, provided that the content is appropriate.
- ⁃Students from all primary majors, as well as students in the secondary major of Management Engineering, can acclimate one of their internships for their primary major as either a Production Internship or a Management Internship.
- ⁃Students in this situation should get in touch with the Department Internship Commission.